You must elect to participate in FSA and HSA programs every year. All other benefits will roll over from year to year.
Choose from available benefits
To explore your options you can go to an ongoing virtual fair, watch a video or explore this site via the links below. Choose from the following options during open enrollment. All other programs, such as retirement plans and CHOC Fit, are available throughout the year.
Submit your chosen benefits during open enrollment
You will enroll in Workday. Look for a task in your Workday inbox in November to begin the process. You must click the orange “Review and Sign” tab, then scroll down and check “I Accept” and the “Submit” tab to finalize your elections. It is recommended that you print and save a copy of your benefit elections for your records.
CHOC Fit credit
Associates who participated in the CHOC Fit Program will receive a wellness credit based on the amount of points earned. The credit will be divided up among 26 paychecks and start in your first paycheck in January.
- 10,000 points (Level 1) = $75 premium credit
- 30,000 points (Level 2) = $150 premium credit
- 45,000 points (Level 3) = $225 premium credit
- 70,000 points (Level 4) = $300 premium credit
If you aren’t changing your benefits elections, your current enrollments will remain the same for 2023, except:
- If you want to enroll in the Flexible Spending Accounts or Health Savings Account, you must elect those options in Workday each year
How to Enroll for Benefits
For a step-by-step walkthrough of how to enroll in Workday, download the PowerPoint presentation or watch the video below.
Open Enrollment FAQs
What are the dates for 2023 Open Enrollment?
Open enrollment for 2023 is from Nov. 4 – Nov. 21 for all benefits-eligible associates. Any coverage elections will be effective January 1, 2023.
Do I have to re-enroll in all of my benefits?
If you are not changing your benefits selections, your current enrollment will remain the same for 2023 EXCEPT:
- If you want to enroll in the Flexible Spending Accounts or Health Savings Account, you must select those options in Workday each year
If I would like more information about our benefits plans, where can I find this?
- Learn more about our plans by visiting our Virtual Open Enrollment Benefits Fair.
- A live chat feature is available for you to speak directly with a representative from Cigna, Delta Dental, The Hartford, Health Equity and MetLife. Dates and times that the vendor representatives will be available can be found on the Virtual Open Enrollment Fair.
- Step by step instructions have been created to assist you with Open Enrollment in Workday. Download the PowerPoint presentation here or watch the video.
- For a comprehensive review of the CHOC benefits programs, please visit our Benefits website.
Are there any changes to benefit premiums?
2023 Benefit Rates can be found here and can be viewed in Workday when making your selections.
Are there changes to any of the benefit plans?
Changes to our benefit plans for 2023 can be found here
Can changes be made after the Open Enrollment period closes on Nov 21?
Changes outside of the Open Enrollment window will only be allowed if a qualifying life event occurs, such as after birth, marriage or job loss/gain. Qualifying Events must be completed in Workday within 30 days of the event date.
Who must complete the spousal surcharge waiver form? If I completed the form last year, do I need to send in a new form?
CHOC is no longer requiring associates to complete a spousal surcharge waiver form.
How do I enroll in benefits?
Associates will receive an open enrollment Benefits task in their Workday inbox on Friday, Nov. 4th
Can associates enroll in benefits through the Workday mobile app?
Yes, associates may use the Workday mobile app to enroll in benefits during annual open enrollment.
Do associates on an LOA receive an open enrollment task?
Associates on a Leave of Absence will receive an Open Enrollment Benefits task in their Workday inbox and must make changes in Workday, either from their personal computer, or the mobile app. The website for accessing Workday via a personal computer is https://wd5.myworkday.com/wday/authgwy/choc/login.htmld and associates should select the option “Outside CHOC Network”.
If I participated in CHOC Fit, when will I receive CHOC Fit premium credit?
Associates who participated in the CHOC Fit program in 2022 will receive a wellness premium credit beginning with their first paycheck in January 2023 in accordance with the amount of points they earned.
Who can I contact if I have additional questions?
Please email the benefits team at email@example.com. The Benefits Team will respond to your inquiry within 24 hours. A Workday help case may also be submitted.